[LinuxBIOS] changes in decompress coming.

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 18:03:15 CEST 2006

> if you're grepping code you're in the wrong place. The
> src/config/Options.lb REQUIRES a comment describing the option. There
> are 150 options -- there are 1700+ in linux.

No offense but most of those comments are worthless.

One line of text _cannot_ accurately describe these options.

How is this option used?
What the valid range of settings for this option?
What is a sane defaut?
If no sane default then how do you discover what it need to be?
What are your tradeoffs?
What platform is this option valid for? (cpu?,chipset?)

I'll even take the torch here.  I'll offer to be the option documenter.

--
Richard A. Smith