[LinuxBIOS] (fwd) Re: USB bootloader

Al Boldi a1426z at gawab.com
Thu Sep 14 14:10:35 CEST 2006

Indrek Kruusa wrote:
> Al Boldi wrote:
> > yhlu wrote:
> >> 1. with LinuxBIOS, It works with one Tyan Intel based MB (UHCI) and
> >> some other Opteron base MBs.
> >
> > Great!  So maybe the delayed USB boot is hw related, but why?
> >
> >> 2. maybe Etherboot heap used by FILO USB packet buffer overwirte the
> >> APM info in RAM.
> >
> > This happens even with FILO IDE.
> >
> > Etherboot PXE works OK.
>
> How did you managed to compile etherboot for LinuxBIOS with PXE?
>
> I have tried several confs without success and rom-o-matic.net fails too.

yhlu pointed me to this http://www.linuxbios.org/index.php/Etherboot

I had to modify these instructions to get it to work with the normal
AwardBIOS, as LinuxBIOS does not work on the i440bx board yet.

BTW, does anyone know of a standard way of porting LinuxBIOS to any
unsupported board?

Thanks!

--
Al