[LinuxBIOS] Two problems
stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Sep 14 13:32:20 CEST 2006
* ROHIT VENKATACHALAM <rohitvenkat at sify.com> [060912 16:14]:
> 1. I have an ATI
> 3D Rage Pro onboard video rom. I have got the vgabios rom for it. I cat
> it with linuxbios.rom and produce the final linuxbios image. During
> execution, after entering the x86 emulator, there is a message saying
> line 2136
This message just means the rom has been executed and the emulator
execution ended normally.
> but the execution of LinuxBIOS continues and nothing is
> seen on the monitor. Whats the problem?
- what board are you using?
- Is there any other output? Can you send the complete log, please?
- Can you please enable debug output for the emulator?
> 2. I am using FILO in
> Etherboot to boot linux already stored in a SATA disk. But I am getting
> the following message -
> No Drive detected on IDE Channel 2
- SATA drives are recognized first in the chain. Try hda instead of hde.
- Are you using an nvidia chipset? SATA does not work on those.
coresystems GmbH • Brahmsstr. 16 • D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613
Email: info at coresystems.de • http://www.coresystems.de/
More information about the coreboot