[LinuxBIOS] EPIA-MII 6000E 115k2, VGA and FILO on first flash

Peter Stuge stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org
Thu Sep 7 02:58:24 CEST 2006

On Wed, Sep 06, 2006 at 09:47:06AM +0200, Stefan Reinauer wrote:
> * Peter Stuge <stuge-linuxbios at cdy.org> [060906 06:30]:
> > I picked up an EPIA-MII board a while ago and some 4Mbit flash today.
> >
> > It is simply amazing. Thank you, everyone who have, and continue to,
> > put effort into LinuxBIOS, FILO and Etherboot!
>
> Very glad you like it. :-) If you are looking for CF support for FILO
> 0.5, check out the latest revision and enable the line #PCMCIA_CF = 1.

Right, this is as stated in the EPIA-M-howto. I applied the patch per
the howto for the second flash and it probably works, but I fried my
CF and haven't picked up a new one yet. (The MII CF socket requires
some force to insert the CF, and required less force to insert the CF
upside down.)

How about those IO ports though? Apparently they're offset some ports
from normal ide4 and hence Linux needs to be told ide4=noprobe to not
hang, according to same howto. If still true, it's not very neat -
can I do something to improve it?

//Peter