[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS on a SIS 650 / SIS 691 laptop?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sun Sep 3 02:03:51 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have a test-laptop I'm going to try to port LinuxBIOS to. It's a
SIS 650 / SIS 691 based system which is probably not so good, as SIS
doesn't seem to be very cooperative when asked for datasheets, AFAIK.

The good news is that the laptop has a PLCC chip in a socket.
I'm currently trying to find out what parts I can get working...
The Super IO (PC87393) shouldn't be a problem (yes, the laptop has a
serial port, fortunately). Using flashrom doesn't work as there's no
support for the SIS 650/691. I tried using the SIS 630/950 code,
but that fails...

Does anybody have datasheets for these parts?

I'll definately bring the laptop to the LinuxBIOS summit for hacking
purposes...

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann