[LinuxBIOS] Tyan s2892 the OLPC way

Myles Watson myles at pel.cs.byu.edu
Tue Oct 17 22:49:56 CEST 2006

> You can also try to reduce ROM_IMAGE_SIZE to get some space for your
> payload.
>
> FALLBACK_SIZE-ROM_IMAGE_SIZE will be your payload size.

I don't think that'll give me enough space. I'll try it, though. My 64-bit
kernel payload is 874K right now.

I was hoping that there was a way that I could make LinuxBIOS think there
was a full fallback image, but just have the code to jump to the normal
image included.

> >Another question is about kexec.  I have booted into the 64-bit kernel
> >using FILO & Etherboot, but then when I try to kexec the kernel, it
> resets > the machine saying
> >
> >#INIT detected from --- {APICID == 00 NODEID == 00 COREID == 00} ---
>
> Do you have kexec enabled in your kernel Config? I didn't test if I can
> kexec 64 bit kernel from 32 bit kernel.. Eric, is that supported?

I can kexec a 64-bit kernel from a 32-bit kernel.  I haven't been successful
with kexec from a 64-bit kernel to another 64-bit kernel.  It may be because
the stripped down version of kexec that I'm using from olpc is too
stripped-down.

Myles