[LinuxBIOS] Tyan s2892 the OLPC way

Lu, Yinghai yinghai.lu at amd.com
Tue Oct 17 21:27:23 CEST 2006

From: Myles Watson [mailto:myles at mouselemur.cs.byu.edu]

>Is there a way to do a fallback only image for the s2892?
In your target Config, remove normal section, and only keep the
fallback.
Also in your MB Config.lb, set ROM_SIZE to the same at FALLBACK_SIZE.
(1M)

You can also try to reduce ROM_IMAGE_SIZE to get some space for your
payload.

FALLBACK_SIZE-ROM_IMAGE_SIZE will be your payload size.

YH

>Another question is about kexec.  I have booted into the 64-bit kernel
>using FILO & Etherboot, but then when I try to kexec the kernel, it
resets > the machine saying

>#INIT detected from --- {APICID == 00 NODEID == 00 COREID == 00} ---

Do you have kexec enabled in your kernel Config? I didn't test if I can
kexec 64 bit kernel from 32 bit kernel.. Eric, is that supported?

YH