[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOSv2 r2452 DK8-HTX

Chris Stillo cstillo at comcast.net
Thu Oct 12 21:56:20 CEST 2006

Hi

I enabled IDE_DISK_POLL_DELAY = 1, AUTOBOOT_DELAY = 60 and still have
IDE timeout... any suggestions? LinuxBIOS is detecting the IDE
controller (it's shown in the boot log), so it seems like a problem with
my FILO Config (listed below). Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Chris

# !!! NOTE !!!
# Do NOT add spaces or comments at the end of option lines.
# It confuses some versions of make.

# Use grub instead of autoboot?
#USE_GRUB = 1

# Grub menu.lst path
MENULST_FILE = "hda3:/boot/filo/menu.lst"
# Via Epia-MII CF boot:
#MENULST_FILE = "hde1:/boot/filo/menu.lst"

# time before default menu.lst is chosen. Set to 0 to ignore
MENULST_TIMEOUT = 0

# Image filename for automatic boot and optional command line parameter
AUTOBOOT_FILE = "hda2:/boot/vmlinuz root=/dev/hda2 initrd=/boot/initrd
console=ttyS0,115200 console=tty0 video=atyfb:1024x768-16"

#AUTOBOOT_FILE = "mem at 0xfff80000"
#AUTOBOOT_FILE = "hde1 at 0"
#AUTOBOOT_FILE = "uda1:/vmlinuz.elf"

# Time in second before booting AUTOBOOT_FILE
AUTOBOOT_DELAY = 60

# Driver for hard disk, CompactFlash, and CD-ROM on IDE bus
IDE_DISK = 1

# Add a short delay when polling status registers
# (required on some broken SATA controllers)
# NOTE: Slows down access significantly, so disable
# whenever possible.
IDE_DISK_POLL_DELAY = 1

# Use PCMCIA compact flash on Via Epia MII10000 and MII6000E
# This device is referred to as hde.
#PCMCIA_CF = 1

# Driver for USB Storage
USB_DISK = 1

# VGA text console
VGA_CONSOLE = 1
PC_KEYBOARD = 1

# Serial console
SERIAL_CONSOLE = 1
SERIAL_IOBASE = 0x3f8
# if SERIAL_SPEED is commented out, the speed will not be changed.
SERIAL_SPEED = 115200

# Filesystems
FSYS_EXT2FS = 1
FSYS_FAT = 1
FSYS_JFS = 1
FSYS_MINIX = 1
FSYS_REISERFS = 1
FSYS_XFS = 1
FSYS_ISO9660 = 1

# Support for boot disk image in bootable CD-ROM (El Torito)
ELTORITO = 1

# PCI support
SUPPORT_PCI = 1

# Enable this to scan PCI busses above bus 0
# AMD64 based boards do need this.
PCI_BRUTE_SCAN = 1
PCI_CONFIG_1 = 1

# Sound support (needs SUPPORT_PCI)
#SUPPORT_SOUND = 1

# Sound drivers
#VIA_SOUND = 1

# Debugging
#DEBUG_ALL = 1
#DEBUG_ELFBOOT = 1
#DEBUG_ELFNOTE = 1
#DEBUG_LINUXBIOS = 1
#DEBUG_MALLOC = 1
#DEBUG_MULTIBOOT = 1
#DEBUG_SEGMENT = 1
#DEBUG_SYS_INFO = 1
#DEBUG_TIMER = 1
#DEBUG_BLOCKDEV = 1
#DEBUG_PCI = 1
#DEBUG_VIA_SOUND = 1
#DEBUG_LINUXLOAD = 1
#DEBUG_IDE = 1
#DEBUG_USB = 1
#DEBUG_ELTORITO = 1

# i386 options

# Loader for standard Linux kernel image, a.k.a. /vmlinuz
LINUX_LOADER = 1

# Boot FILO from Multiboot loader (eg. GRUB)
#MULTIBOOT_IMAGE = 1