[LinuxBIOS] Interesting article

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 19:19:26 CEST 2006

I think this is a timely article since we where just discussing this.

Executive Summary:

A buch of GPL code ended up getting distributed in binary only.  Over
a bunch of smally ports the license files ended up getting dropped.

Key point of the article for LinuxBIOS:

"""
As Doelle points out, some of the problems might have been avoided if
the GPL header had been included in each file, rather than depending
on a single COPYING file containing the text of the GPL. At least this
would make it more obvious to developers what the requirements are for
their use of GPLed code.
"""

So we should probably do as Uwe says and start including the GPL
header on all source files.

--
Richard A. Smith