[LinuxBIOS] flashrom: does writing work on ICH-2 et al?

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Sat Oct 7 03:19:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

I have problems writing flash chips with flashrom on multiple ICH-x
boards, e.g. ICH-2 and ICH-4. The code is pretty much the same for
all ICH-x so I guess all of them have the problem(?)

Detecting and reading from a chip works fine. Writing _seems_ to work
fine (no errors, doesn't abort), but when I try to verify (or just
read the chip again) I get the same content as before the write.

The hardware itself as well as the flash chip is ok, as I can write
the chip using Uniflash.

Has anybody successfully written any chip on an ICH-x? Is more code
needed to make it work? Motherboard-specific code maybe?

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann
http://www.hermann-uwe.de