[LinuxBIOS] indent

Uwe Hermann uwe at hermann-uwe.de
Fri Oct 6 20:01:16 CEST 2006

Hi,

out of curiosity I tried running indent on the whole source tree,
and then running abuild to see whether things break.
Short answer: they do.

I used thislittle script to indent the code:

for f in `find . -name '*.[ch]'`; do
  indent -kr -i8 -ts8 -sob -l80 -ss -ncs $f
done

abuild fails because some code will be broken in the process, and some
code will still work but look ugly.

There are workarounds though, you can enclose paragraphs which should not
be touched by indent as follows:

  /* *INDENT-OFF* */

  /* *INDENT-ON* */

I suggest we should agree on some set of parameters for indent, add
INDENT-OFF/INDENT-ON to the code where appropriate and then, as soon
as abuild doesn't complain anymore, checkin the indented code.

New checkins which don't conform to the coding style (and other
guidelines which may apply) should not be allowed from that point on.

Comments?

Uwe.
--
Uwe Hermann