[LinuxBIOS] Support for recent chipset and powerful desktop CPU

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu Nov 30 23:32:02 CET 2006

* Segher Boessenkool <segher at kernel.crashing.org> [061130 18:22]:
> You typically need to set up quite a bit of the PCI subsystem
> for it to work -- including not only bridges and devices on
> the path to the PCI function you're interested in, but also
> any siblings of any such.

Why would that be?

> And you need to do some work with
> the north bridge typically (open up some window there).

thanks for the compat chain that we reliably have on x86, all of the
above is a noop on 100% of our currently supported machines.

If we happen to see a system where this actually matters, we can
still decide not to go ehci if we find a simpler solution, but lets not
talk this dead for no realworld reason now.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613