[LinuxBIOS] LPC SuperIO "add-in card"

Tom Sylla tsylla at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 18:27:59 CET 2006

Another idea, there has been a lot of talk about homebrew LPC ROM
emulators. It would not be much more work to make the emulator into a
generic LPC analyzer. You could have it catch regular serial, or you
could just have print_debug spew bytes to a specified I/O location.
With careful design, high speed USB can keep up with the ~16MB/s you
could spew to LPC. This would not end up costing much more than the
SIO solution, the biggest cost is still the PCB/connectors (male
PLCC).