[LinuxBIOS] Disassembly?

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 18:09:36 CET 2006

On 11/30/06, Drew Lundsten <drew.lundsten at ccpu.com> wrote:

> This is cool and better than disassembly. How is it different in terms
> of copyright law?

who the heck knows ... IANAL. I am probably wrong, who knows.

All I know is that the guys who reverse-engineered the xbox worked it
out by watching the CPU bus and how it worked, and published the work,
and I never heard about lawyers in that case.

I have been given to understand that you can observe something and
work backwards from that; it's the disassembly that gets you in
trouble. If you use the emulator to observe register sets and clears,
that's different that disassembly to me.

But again, who knows. Are you sure you have to work with a chipset
company that is not going to help you with linuxbios? Just wondering.

ron