[LinuxBIOS] Very confused about ram initialization

Jon Dufresne jon.dufresne at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 04:15:28 CET 2006

Well, I think with the couple of tips and extra documentation (I
didn't know about the JEDEC docs) I'll keep chugging away at this
until the boss says to give it up. I would much rather use LinuxBIOS
on our product than a proprietary bios.

I did try using the register values from a known BIOS. However, that
didn't work as it isn't a static configuration. The docs do outline
many registers in the memory controller, but I have notice that when I
manipulate some undocumented ones to the values seen in a working bios
I get further (although not much) in the boot, leaving me to believe
not all the registers are documented :(.

Anyway I haven't given up yet, but at the same time, I won't be too
surprised if this doesn't work out.

Jon