[LinuxBIOS] Support for recent chipset and powerful desktop CPU

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 02:36:05 CET 2006

On 11/29/06, Simon Labrecque <agarwal at videotron.ca> wrote:
> I'm asking because obviously I don't know the answer, but can't a serial
> port on a PCI card be used? Wouldn't that be simpler than through-USB
> debugging?

yeah, but how do you debug the PCI bringup code if PCI is not up to
drive the card in the PCI slot ... assuming there *is* a PCI slot.
That's the problem. The USB debug capability is supposed to work even
when almost nothing is work. Serial ports are no longer that way.

"Progress!"

> If not, well I'll find a new board, but I like the fact that this board is
> already passively cooled (a requirement, or at least a strong plus, in our
> product), is quite cheap and from a reputable company.

we have to solve this. So, let's solve it.

ron