[LinuxBIOS] This is so bad it is funny.

ron minnich rminnich at gmail.com
Sun Nov 26 16:54:16 CET 2006

This is how you update EFI on a mac. I can't believe they do it this
way, but I guess there is no EFI console. And, in the fashion of EFI,
I guess you are not allowed to do this from the OS!

Note what this means: EFI has the ability to write over itself. Oh
joy. "hold down the power switch until it blinks a lot". Oh yeah.

I like the part where you determine success.

ron
======

This update is for Mac mini computers with Intel processors only.

Note: Print or write down these instructions before you begin the update.

To update the firmware on your Intel-based Mac mini:

1. Quit all other open applications.

2. Click Shut Down in the Mac mini EFI Firmware Update window and wait
for your computer to shut down.

3. Press and hold the power button on your Mac mini until the power
indicator light flashes repeatedly to begin the update.

A status bar indicates the progress of the update.

Important: Do not interrupt the update.

Your computer restarts automatically when the update is completed and
opens the Mac mini EFI Firmware Update.

4. Click OK, if the firmware is now up-to-date.

If these instructions appear on your screen again, the firmware update
was not successful. Repeat steps 2, 3 and 4.