[LinuxBIOS] LinuxBIOS Debian package.

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue Nov 21 17:04:17 CET 2006

* ron minnich <rminnich at gmail.com> [061121 01:00]:
> don't make a linuxbios package. Make a buildrom package. I think
> that's a better path. most people want to build a full rom, not a
> linuxbios, and for that, buildrom is a great way to go.

Doesnt make sense to package linuxbios itself or buildrom at all,
as it would only include the sources. Instead, we should provide
linuxbios images with linux payload for download.

Packaging binary bios images in debian is kind of useless since you
would flash them and deinstall the package again, which is not easier
than downloading the stuff from our web page and flash that.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613