[LinuxBIOS] How to add support to a Hyper Transport card

Greg Lindahl greg.lindahl at qlogic.com
Sun Nov 19 06:02:32 CET 2006

On Mon, Nov 13, 2006 at 11:07:55AM +0200, Moses Reuben wrote:

> I read somewhere that I need to configure on what ht link the card is .

One thing to remember is that the HTX card most BIOSes used for
bringup is InfiniPath, and we are a tunnel, where the link going to
the CPU for our HTX card just happens to be link 1 due to some
oddnesses in pinout of our chip (oops).

You can properly query for this, but I don't know if the existing
LinuxBIOS code does that.

You might also want to look at the new HTX BIOS Guide put out by the
HyperTransport consortium. In theory it has this suggestion and some
other good ones.

-- greg