[LinuxBIOS] flashrom: patch for jedec.c

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Nov 17 13:12:55 CET 2006

* Corey <corey_osgood at verizon.net> [061117 05:06]:
> Why exactly is this anyways? Pesonally, I agree with Peter that gotos
> make code much easier to follow, but I always learned that they were
> frowned upon, my C++ instructer in college refused to even teach about
> it (although he couldn't tell me why either).

In C++ you are probably supposed to use exceptions to implement that
behavior.

The initial idea is that the use of goto makes it hard for the compiler
to do code flow optimization. In fact, in case of exceptions or errors,
this is mostly irrelevant though.

> Also, you state
> "CodingStyle" as one word...is there a specific page/doc outlining what
> the preferred coding style is, or is it just a general consensus deal?

We started writing up a cumulative document at
http://www.linuxbios.org/Development_Guidelines

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613