[LinuxBIOS] flashrom: patch for jedec.c

Corey corey_osgood at verizon.net
Fri Nov 17 05:06:43 CET 2006

On Fri, 2006-11-17 at 02:49 +0100, Segher Boessenkool wrote:
> > There are some GOTOs in the LinuxBIOS code already, but I'd rather
> > remove those than introduce new ones... Is there a consensus about
> > GOTO
> > usage in LinuxBIOS? Do we allow that? If no, I'll update the
> > development
> > guidelines accordingly...
>
> Our CodingStyle (borrowed from Linux) currently says that goto's
> to an error exit path are allowed (preferred to other solutions,
> actually).
>
> Most other goto's are frowned upon of course.

Why exactly is this anyways? Pesonally, I agree with Peter that gotos
make code much easier to follow, but I always learned that they were
frowned upon, my C++ instructer in college refused to even teach about
it (although he couldn't tell me why either). Also, you state
"CodingStyle" as one word...is there a specific page/doc outlining what
the preferred coding style is, or is it just a general consensus deal?

-Corey