[LinuxBIOS] Via epia-m2 difficulties

Kurt André Selbach kurtandre at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 15:42:20 CET 2006

Hi!

I'm trying to get a working linuxbios on my Via epia m2 12000,
with 1200mhz processor and 512mb ram.

The goal is to boot linux from a usbstick (guess i will be using filo
and boot the device a uda1)

I've managed to extract my videobios image with awardeco and that gave
me a videobios file which was exactly 57344byte, how can i apply this
to my linuxbios.rom file?

The issue is the linuxbios.rom file is allready 256kb, Where would i
change the size of this built "rom file" and what should i set it to:

I tried setting this:
option ROM_SIZE=256*1024
to:
option ROM_SIZE=200*1024
Then doing:

buildtarget via/epia-m
cd via/epia-m/via_epia-m
make

This gives me this:

./buildrom linuxbios.strip linuxbios.rom payload 0x10000 0x12000
payload (41187) + linuxbios (65536) size larger than ROM (73728) size!
make[1]: *** [linuxbios.rom] Error 1

Any suggestions would be welcome.