[LinuxBIOS] well supported current cheap desktop pc mobo recommendation?

David H. Barr dhbarr at gozelle.com
Sat Nov 4 00:30:34 CET 2006

On 11/3/06, Carl-Daniel Hailfinger <c-d.hailfinger.devel.2006 at gmx.net> wrote:
> Eric Waguespack wrote:
> > Can someone please provide me with a short list of (current / cheap /
> > desktop oriented) motherboards that enjoy full support with linuxbios?
>
> Sorry, there are none. But you are welcome to help us with the task
> to get at least one modern bard supported. It would certainly be
> appreciated.

There was recently some discussion with regard to the ASUS A8N-VM CSM,
which is a widely available and fairly inexpensive motherboard.  That
effort seems to be somewhat off the radar at this point, pending
something about a check-in to the tree of C51 code, as I recall.

I, for one, look forward to the first widely-available entry-level
board since the PC-Chips stuff from V1.

-dhbarr.