[LinuxBIOS] Intel 386 bios

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon May 29 04:54:16 CEST 2006

On 5/28/06, Tyler Pohl <tylerapohl at gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a 386 - 233Mhz computer.  The EEprom bios chip is an AT28c010 (1MB
> eeprom from Atmel)  I would like to install LinuxBios on this machine but I

You need to have the docs for the chipset of the mainboard.  A good
place to start is booting linux and then listing the chips with
'lspci'.  If you can't get the docs for your chipset then you have a
really rough road ahead.

> can't seem to find any real good documentation on how to go about
> configuring and compiling the bios to work for a machine like this.

Have you gone through the wiki?  There is a lot of good info up there.
 Some of it takes a bit of looking to get to.  As a start go read the
FAQ, Documentation, and Port Guides.  That should get you started.
Some of the Port Guides have a lot of good basic info even if they are
a bit dated.

--
Richard A. Smith