[LinuxBIOS] problem with compressed rom stream

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu May 18 05:56:54 CEST 2006

yhlu wrote:
> need to share nrv2b with CAR copy_and_run.c to uncompress
> linuxbios_ram.nrb from rom to ram.

ok. But we can still do this in a different way.

The reason is that I might want to use the unrv2b function even when I
am not using compressed rom streams. The reason is that I will be nrv2b
compressing the VSA object code on the OLPC. So that function can't be
static. how do we handle this?

> I also use that to uncompress code from rom to cache in AP.
>
> You need to print out ilen, in case someone try to compress zelf. that
> will produce one more big output instead.

the problem is there is no ilen defined in the rom_stream.c code.

So you need to either create that variable or taek it out of the
printk_debug (which I did).

thanks

ron