[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA problems with IRQs

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Tue May 16 21:22:43 CEST 2006

Ronald G Minnich schrieb:
> Christian Sühs wrote:
>

>>Is it safe to comment not used devices
>>i.e. the created irq table by getpir shows a line for device 8, but
>>there is currently no device, the same for some other currently not used
>>devices.
>

> are you sure that's not the pci slot (is there one)?

Good question,

There is first the onboard integrated vga device on 00:9.0
the southbridge on 00:12.0 and usb on 00:13.0

than a expansion slot for pci/isa riser cards. The network card is
plugged in a adaptor and shown under lspci as 00:7.0 on this slot.

> if there really are impossible devices that is a sure sign that your
> $PIR is bogus.

Proplem is, normally the board has an integrated Network adaptor, which
is not soldered in my case (optional) Should be a realtek 8139c. I guess
that is a PCI device and eventually assign to 00:8.0

> ron
>

>>the first seems to be wrong (0:16.0) 0x00 is the better choice.
>>I thing "|" means "OR" I'm right?

Ok, the result is 18 in decimal. cat /proc/pci shows the southbridge
with device 18, therefor it is right. I have made a mistake.