[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA problems with IRQs

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Tue May 16 18:54:48 CEST 2006

> Look at the hardware and write a valid pirq table.. getpir is a nice
> tool but it starts out by utilizing a broken piece of software, the
> factory bios. One entry in the pirq table for each device that gets an
> interrupt and for each pci slot is needed.

Is it safe to comment not used devices
i.e. the created irq table by getpir shows a line for device 8, but
there is currently no device, the same for some other currently not used
devices.

Also the exclusive PCI IRQs are set to 10 and 11.
The Board has a combi PCI/ISA extension Slot. Can I add some IRQs like 5
and 9.

Next Question:

Device where the interrupt router lies is set to
(0x12<<3)|0x00

the first seems to be wrong (0:16.0) 0x00 is the better choice.
I thing "|" means "OR" I'm right?

chris