[LinuxBIOS] Another Geode GX1: status & questions

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Mon May 15 11:14:57 CEST 2006

Peter Stuge schrieb:
> On Sun, May 14, 2006 at 12:14:22PM -0400, Jonathan Sturges wrote:
>
>>AMD provides an OSS audio driver patch for 2.4.x kernels, so I
>>think that will suit my immediate needs.

I'm not sure, but in the past I was able to use simple audio functions
with kernel 2.4.22 and ALSA or OSS.

I think it was the great sb or sb16 modul in standard configuration
under factory bios. without special drivers for the cs5530.

However, I was able to hear mp3 on that board.

Currently I played around with newer ALSA driver and kernel 2.4.25, but
alsaconf don't detect the audio device.

With enabling the audio device located at 0:12.3 also the SMI stuff is
enabled and shown under lspci. Eventually it have to enabled too, to get
audio.

chris