[LinuxBIOS] LB vs Factory BIOS -- more weirdness

Eric Poulsen eric at zyxod.com
Mon May 8 17:29:11 CEST 2006

Nick,

When I bought that ram, I was looking for "low profile" ram so that
everything would fit into my tiny case.  That was either the only speed
they had or the lowest speed ram they had in low profile.  I have a lot
of ram lying around -- I can try different ones.

One question -- why would this problem be 'fixed' by allowing the
Factory Bios to set some registers?  Or are you referring to the DMA
lock issues?