[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA resume

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri May 5 15:50:26 CEST 2006

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [060505 15:31]:
> > One second... Could we do bios based transparent hard disk encryption
> > this way? That would be kind of cool ;-))
> >
> > Stefan
>
> I am told that this type of thing might go into EFI. You don't get
> direct access to your disk. Looking at the EFI docs, it seems you could
> do it ... you no longer get access to raw hardware. OW!

With Vanderpool and Pacifica this should be fairly easy.

The fact that stuff like this is possible (maybe even with SMI) is not
the scary part. The scary part is we might never get control over any
piece of hardware again.

Talking about EFI, has anyone been able to get into the UEFI group as
announced on the LinuxBIOS summit last year?

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613