[LinuxBIOS] s2881 build broken

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Thu May 4 11:33:38 CEST 2006

* Ronald G Minnich <rminnich at lanl.gov> [060504 01:59]:
> hey guys, sorry but I'm lost. did the compress patch bust Ward's
> linuxbios? Why would that happen? Did the behaviour default to 'new
> feetchur enabled'?

It was indirectly connected to the new feature. Since we're using the
same compression algorithm as we use for CONFIG_COMPRESS I switched
things so that they share code -
... and tested on a system with CONFIG_COMPRESS disabled.

The bug was that nrv2b puts the length of the decompressed file in the
first 4 bytes of the result file. unrv2b() skips those. And so does
copy_and_run.c in the assembler part which I missed.

I fixed it in 2291 though.

Stefan

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613