[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA resume

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Thu May 4 10:53:18 CEST 2006

Ok,

with your help, currently I get almost the same bootloog as under
factory bios.
The main initializing of the board, seems to be ok.

But you know, that there are two big problems for me and the board.

First:

The whole boottime is slow.
Lb is 15s slower as the factory bios in kernel booting.

1. copying LB to RAM seems slow.
2. copying kernel and intitrd.gz to RAM seems slow
3. uncompressing kernel seems slow.

All operations to or in RAM seems to be 3 times slower as under factory.

Second:
VGA initialization is very very slow ;)

I have compared all register settings for the CPU with the datasheet.
For me the settings are ok. The RAM is detected right. CPU is set with
the right values.

The only thing I can't see, are the settings for the refresh cycles and
clock stuff for the RAM?! I will try to debug these settings.

Richard, Ron and Stefan means, that there are problems with the caching
stuff.

However, currently I think there is a problem with the internal X-Bus or
Memory refresh settings.

I hope somebody have an answer for this problems.

Also there is one last question for me.
lspci shows no interrupts for the vga and usb device, both are set to 0.
How can I set them. I this done with the irq_table?

chris