[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Wed May 3 16:34:24 CEST 2006

Richard Smith schrieb:
> On 5/3/06, Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> wrote:
>

>>>To get back to the issues: What are we trying to solve exactly?
>>>
>>> - the 90s delay during VGA init.
>>> - anything else?
>

> I'm currently trying to understand 2 issues the 90 second in-tree emu
> delay and why the in-tree emu dies when a long delay is inserted in
> between IO statements.

We are not sure, if it dies. I havn't tried this yet.
Because with udelay(250) it tooks about 5 minutes to completly init the vga.

It could be that a udelay of 500 increase this time to 10 minutes or more.

The printfs for the user space emu i.e takes a time of 500 and that for
each of them. Remember I have captured 5MB of 0xff. This are I guess
300.000 lines or more, before I stopped this test. Compute this with 500us.

But I think there is no sense to test it.

Failing of the printks for the inTree emu seems to be an other problem.

chris