[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed May 3 15:04:43 CEST 2006

On 5/3/06, Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> wrote:

> I'm not sure, as I say.
> Yesterday I have wait about one cigarette length and captured 5MB of
> (0x03da) = 0xff ;) before stopping the test.
> But the screen comes not completly up.

So you sent me that log?  If you did then resend and give it a
different subject.

> I think the printf stuff takes a longer time ( like 500us) that means
> that a whole run takes for example 10 minutes or longer.

The printk stuff will take 87us per character sent.  With the strings
we are sending that works out to about 1.1 mS.  Thats why I wanted to
start with udelay(1500) as a replacement.

> > So it works when you enable above debug and wait long enough?

> It could, but I don't know it. I will try it again and wait longer
> without capturing the output.

I missed the result of this test.

--
Richard A. Smith