[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D
stepan at coresystems.de
Wed May 3 13:12:01 CEST 2006
* Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> [060503 14:17]:
> >>copying LB to RAM seems to be very slow ?!
> takes about 3 - 4 seconds for the 256k image
> >>after boot, uncompressing the kernel is much slower as under factory bios.
> >How many megabytes in how many seconds? is it compressed?
> Its done in 8 - 9 seconds. kernel is 700k big.
> Well, it is a bzImage and should be compressed.
Ok, all this sounds as if all memory as such is either not cacheable
or cache is deactivated.
Questions to solve:
* Are there mechanisms specific to the GX1 that are not required on
other systems to enable cache?
* Are the MTRRs set correctly?
* Does this occur on other GX1 boards as well, but was not detected so
* If yes, whats the difference to LinuxBIOSv1 here, because I seem to
remember we did not have such a problem back then.
coresystems GmbH • Brahmsstr. 16 • D-79104 Freiburg i. Br.
Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613
Email: info at coresystems.de • http://www.coresystems.de/
More information about the coreboot