[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Wed May 3 10:55:41 CEST 2006

Richard Smith schrieb:
>>No way, after the first int I have wait 5min and captured 5MB of ff.
>>However, I have disabled the inb printf and all works fine for the rest :D
>>

> I'm afraid its the in's that I am interested in seeing.  You have said
> earlier that the long delay is during the first couple of int10's.
> Thats where I want to see what its waiting on.

To clear this:

normally with disabled debug for the inTree emu there are three lines like

int10 vector at c000:xxxx
short after each line normally the run_bios_int function is called.

the long delays are after the first call (20-30s)
and after the second call (60-70s)
The second delay is divided in two parts, because at the middle there is
a flickering.

> I know the log will be huge.  Go ahead and run the user emu with the
> IO enabled for say 10 seconds and then quit.  That should be enough to
> start with.  It should compress down alot since its all text.

I have send the log to you, yesterday. Or not ??

> Also did you run the user emu with the if (port < 0x53) filter on the
> IO?   I want to first rule out that its an issue with reading the
> system timer.

I have tried this, but remember there was no debug outbut for port <
0x53 for the inTree emu.

However, I will do it for the userspace emu.

chris