[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Christian Sühs chris at suehsi.de
Wed May 3 10:42:07 CEST 2006

> Ah, sorry, I thought when you enable the output of inb(0x03da) = 0xff
> it would not come to an end but print always the same inb line.

I'm not sure, as I say.
Yesterday I have wait about one cigarette length and captured 5MB of
(0x03da) = 0xff ;) before stopping the test.
But the screen comes not completly up.

But think about the udelay(xxx) tests with the inTree emu, with a time
of 250 for each function and I guess the inb function is called most, I
have to wait about 5 minutes for a complete initialization.

I think the printf stuff takes a longer time ( like 500us) that means
that a whole run takes for example 10 minutes or longer.

> So it works when you enable above debug and wait long enough?

It could, but I don't know it. I will try it again and wait longer
without capturing the output.

chris