[LinuxBIOS] Error in FSF high priority list LinuxBIOS description

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Wed May 3 07:07:47 CEST 2006

After reading an article describing the High-priority list for the FSF
I checked out our listing.

And found the following.

"""
The way to solve the problem is to run a free BIOS. And our community
has developed free BIOSes--for instance, LinuxBIOS, which is a
modified version of the kernel, Linux. However,
"""

Seems to me this is not really true.  LinuxBIOS is _vastly_ different
than the Linux Kernel.  We ripped some PCI code, printk code and a few
other bits but I can't see us being a "modified version of the
kernel..."

We can load a kernel and our ultimate goal is to use a kernel as a
super-bootloader but not to be a kernel.

Anyone else think it needs changing?

--
Richard A. Smith