[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Tue May 2 18:25:52 CEST 2006

On 5/2/06, Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> wrote:

> udelay(250) for all functions work.
> But VGA needs 3-4 minutes to come up ;)

That seems to suggest that it is some sort of time thing.  Both printk
and udelay do similar IO operations. A couple of writes to set things
up and then loads of reads waiting on it to happen.

Its not dying due to the fact that there is additional IO happening or
you should have been able to get down to udelay(0) and it still hang.

Man.. like Ron says this is wierd..

So how can we get more debug info out of this system?  Our primary
debug method dies.

You can run this under the user mode emulator with the IO prints
enabled it works right?

Can you do that and look at what IO its doing when it starts up?.
Probally don't need more than the first 50 lines or so.  Maybe we can
exclude printing on IO port ranges that cause  problems.

All I want to see it how it accesses the timer.  Add my original
if(port < 0x53) stuff to the usermode emu and send that to me as well.

--
Richard A. Smith