[LinuxBIOS] MB1030 / 3036 VGA comes up :D

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Tue May 2 13:53:33 CEST 2006

* Christian Sühs <chris at suehsi.de> [060501 13:21]:
> After that I have enabled the whole video RAM section A0000 - BFFFF as
> read/write/cache 0x07070067:

I would assume that the video ram must not be cacheable! It doesn't get
written to very much by the bios anyways (except probably the int10
calls)

> I have also the long delay by vga initializing, but after upcoming there
> are only unreadable characters on the screen.

Yes, cacheable video memory does not work. When the CPU caches things
there the VGA controller only sees half of what it is supposed to see.

S.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613