[LinuxBIOS] Geode SC22000

Per Hallsmark perh at t2data.se
Fri Mar 31 14:16:20 CEST 2006

Hello LB people,

First, a great thank for the quick boost I had from your project
in creating a special firmware for our project.

I've ported LB to a SC2200 based platform, NCG266 (you can see some
old photos at www.nano-system.com) The jump to the load just takes
a couple of secs instead of like a minute with the Insyde BIOS...

The LB base is svn ver 2171, I've got a 71K big patch for it.
How do I contribute it to LB tree?

Also during the learning and porting of LB, a couple of questions
popped up:

Q1: The source code files often include source files again instead
of like building object modules that are later linked together.
Why something like this? It seems odd to me as an perhaps oldschool
C programmer.

Q2: Why does the LB project need a special compiler?
I've done numberous of firmware stuff and ordinary gnu tools have a
good job so far.
Must admit though that these hasn't been x86 which of course has it
special boot mode, but there exist "standard" tools for that as well.
(RPM package dev86 for example)

Q3: Documentation...
I was perhaps a bit optimistic when I thought the LB port should
take one week, it was more like one month :-)
But more documentation could help here a lot, or are there docs
outside of linuxbios.org I've missed? Any work in progress here
or can I contribute to it somehow?

mvh Per Hallsmark

T2 Data