[LinuxBIOS] [olpc-software] How fast does it take to write a system from a scratch?

Jim Gettys jg at laptop.org
Wed Mar 15 14:55:36 CET 2006

Nope.  News to me of its existence.  Have any idea of the ub driver's
size?

The trick is to get at least restore from USB storage able to be in the
boot flash; I don't mind so much if we have to put TCP/IP and wireless
modules into a partition on the regular flash.   And if we can get it
all to fit into less than 512K bytes (BIOS + Linux as bootloader), then
we get to save  $.3 to $.5, which over the number of units we're
building, is more than small change.
			Thanks,
				- Jim