[LinuxBIOS] RES: RES: Rumba target and AMD RDK THINCLIENT

Li-Ta Lo ollie at lanl.gov
Fri Mar 10 18:07:38 CET 2006

> Dear Mr. Li-Ta Lo,
>

>      I've tried, but id didn't see any bytes on serial port 0 of the
> CS5535.
>      What is the hardware description of rumba target ?  I'm trying it
> on the AMD RDK THINCLIENT based on GEODE GX2.

I think our board is the thinclient RDK with the winbond superio duaght
board. Did you get the lastest code? Does it compile?

>      What are you doing about VSA ? I didn't see any binary with it  in
> the LinuxBiosv2 source tree.

I haven't got that far yet. Probably somethin very similar to how we deal
VGA bios on Via.

>      So, Can systems based ond GEODE (GX1, GX2 or LX) work without VSA
> initialization ?

My first impression is it can be done but the more I know about Geode and
VSA, the more I doubt it. One serious problem is there is basically no PCI
system in the Geode GX. All PCI configuration space registers are emulated
by VSA. It is possible to have a heavily modified driver to access the MSR
register space than the emulated PCI space but it requires a lot of work.

BTW, VSA is supposed to do some other magic device init too.

Ollie