[LinuxBIOS] MACH BOOT

Ronald G Minnich rminnich at lanl.gov
Thu Mar 2 17:47:11 CET 2006

Jun OKAJIMA wrote:

> Hello.
> Check this out, please.
> http://www.machboot.com/
>
> This is the reason I have been sticking on fast booting BIOS.
> Now, Linux boots within 10sec. But whole booting process
> from power-on needs about 30 sec.
>
> Yes, the biggest bottle neck is BIOS. and CD drive firmware also.
> And this is the reason I have interest about this LinuxBIOS project.
> Thanks, all.
>
> BUT, MY EPIA-M STILL DOES NOT BOOT.......sigh.
>
>                      --- Okajima, Jun. Tokyo, Japan.

Mr. Okajima, we have recent reports of an Epia-m working. Could you try
again. The working version is 2184. I would like to resolve this question.

Also, folks, I have talked to Stefan about this and we are going to
start trying to offer binary images for people, so they don't have to
build their own bios all the time. More on this later.

thanks

ron