[LinuxBIOS] cant detect bios with flash software {Scanned}

bios at lists.actweb.info bios at lists.actweb.info
Fri Jun 30 19:42:50 CEST 2006

Hi there,
Got someone else to read the bios chip number (my eyes are getting bad LOL)
Chip has the following on the top :-

EFST
F498002UA     90N
AZB1MFR29     0303

Not quite sure of the '0303' on the last line it may be 8303, its not very clear :(
Is there a way to get the bios number from inside linux? eg. is it held someware that could be grabbed via the /proc filesystem?
Is there any way i can help to get the support for this bios chip? (im not very good at programming nowadays, used to program Z80/6502 chips not C code etc.) but given a good set of instructions i should be able to follow them :)
Also, does this mean that there isnt anyway to get linuxbios working on my board? or is it just a case of writing a good image to the RD1 to get it working? the last time i used anything like this was when you had a small memory chip with built in battery that had an RTC in the upper 8 address bytes, and the rest was standard SRAM :)

Im not sure what u mean by verifing that the image starts 25 a6??? are you talking about an image file taken from the BIOS using VIAs flash utility?

Many thanks for all the info/help so far

Matt

Stefan Reinauer wrote ..