[LinuxBIOS] New guy in LinuxBios

Vincente Tsou vincentetsou at nexcom.com.tw
Mon Jun 26 04:21:16 CEST 2006

Hi YH,

Thanks again for your help.

Now I can active all devices in my LinuxBios, it almost done except VGA
function.

I appended a 36k VGA option rom to LinuxBios, and enable Options about VGA.

And I got the halt_sys message:

PCI: 04:02.0 init
rom address for PCI: 04:02.0 = fff80000
copying VGA ROM Image from 0xfff80000 to 0xc0000, 0x9000 bytes
entering emulator
halt_sys: file
/home/vincente/LinuxBIOS/LinuxBIOSv2/src/devices/emulator/x86emu/ops.c, line
4387
PCI: 01:04.0 init

then, I can see something output, but the output is like snow screen and I
can't read anything.
I think it is working in the wrong mode.

When I made a blind type 'root' and password, I can login the Linux, and
then the screen became clear. (work fine)

I wonder how to fix the problem? is the halt_sys message normal ?

I also got another question, could it possible boot to MS-DOS floppy/USB
disk.
The MS-DOS needs a lot INT function in BIOS, does LinuxBios able to support
it?

--
Best Regards,
Vincente Tsou