[LinuxBIOS] Initiate LDTSTOP (without RESET)

Jia Jianwei JJia at Fortinet.com
Wed Jun 21 02:07:26 CEST 2006

Could you please give me some reference code on how to make fid change effective on HT1000 southbridge?  Thanks!

Jianwei
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Lu, Yinghai
  To: Dan Johnson ; linuxbios at linuxbios.org
  Sent: Monday, June 19, 2006 1:34 PM
  Subject: Re: [LinuxBIOS] Initiate LDTSTOP (without RESET)

  LDTSTOP may need to SB to help.

  When trying to change cpu fid, CPU need LDTSTOP to make the FID change effective.  enable_fid_change_on_sb will enable ldtstop on sb.

  Current Amd8111 support code already have enable_fid_change_on_sb in the public tree.

  Serverworks ht1000 need to call ldtstop explicitly to make fid change effective. I will check in the code after the new cpu is released.

  The problem the ck804 has problem with ldtstop. We have to use some other way to make it effective.

  YH