[LinuxBIOS] Initiate LDTSTOP (without RESET)

Dan Johnson dan.johnson at celoxica.com
Mon Jun 19 22:04:49 CEST 2006

I have been reading over the mailing list and reading over the LinuxBIOS
code trying to get a feel for things but I am in need of some wisdom.

It seems LDTSTOP is not used by the LinuxBIOS for the most part and I am
curious why. What I have gathered so far is that it is system specific
(Southbridge?) to trigger. I found some mailing list mentions of old
code from years ago that is no longer in the current tree.

I am searching for a way to disable and re-enable HT links for various
reasons _without_ performing a reset (for example changing link
speed/width or enabling/disabling devices at runtime). It seems that
LinuxBIOS has chosen to not use LDTSTOP and just use resets instead. Is
this a workaround due to the difficulty of implementing LDTSTOP?

I am using a Tyan K8SRE (S2891) motherboard. The board has an Nvidia
nForce 4 Pro (CK804).

Regards,

Dan Johnson

This message has been checked for all known viruses by the MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service, on behalf of Celoxica Ltd.

may be legally privileged. It is intended solely for the use of the
individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you have received
this in error, please contact the sender and delete the material
immediately. Whilst this email has been swept for viruses, you
should carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. Celoxica Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage which may be caused by software viruses or interception
or interruption of this email.