[LinuxBIOS] i44bx notes

Richard Smith smithbone at gmail.com
Mon Jul 31 05:57:44 CEST 2006

I spent a bit of time reviewing the 440bx code I checked in.  Now that
the current blocker has been removed I should be able to make the
chipset work.

Seems I've made at least 2 poor decisions though.

1.  I named both the northbridge and the southbridge i440bx.  While I
don't think it s a huge problem.  The southbridge code needs to be
changed to piix4 since thats really what the part is.  I'll hopefully
be able to do that soon.

2.  I seemed to have based the framework on one of the VIA chips.  But
looking at things now I see a much better choice would have been the
Intel e7501.  Hopefully I can find some time to work on this a bit
this week.

But anybody else feel free to do this as well if you don't feel like
waiting on me.  Just post up that you want to do it and I'll send you
what my thoughts are.

--
Richard A. Smith