[LinuxBIOS] Comes up but cant see CMOS prompt or options

Stefan Reinauer stepan at coresystems.de
Fri Jul 28 02:07:06 CEST 2006

* Richard Smith <smithbone at gmail.com> [060728 01:42]:
> > 416          4       e       7        boot_first
> > 420          4       e       7        boot_second
> > 424          4       e       7        boot_third
> > But I'm not sure what to do here, any suggestions?  Should I edit this file?
> >  How do I make the CD or floppy the first boot?  Is there documentation on
> > this?
>
> Doubtfull.  Docs are scarce round these parts.  The place to look
> would be in the FILO code.  Stefan (I think it was Stefan) reciently
> added the capability to have some GRUBlike options on booting.

yep. that was me.

> Sorry I can't be more descriptive but I've not played with it yet.
[..]
> So unless FILO is using those options then I don't think they do anything.

FILO does not use them. I thought to remember Etherboot does (as it
allows several targets in one a la tg3--ide_disk.zelf) but I might be
wrong.

cd booting is one of the necessary features for FILO, especially parsing
isolinux.cfg files but it needs a little bit restructuring and I never
got around to do it yet. If someone wants to have a look, please do!

Maybe parsing CMOS variables would go well with that.

      Tel.: +49 761 7668825 • Fax: +49 761 7664613